1 acorn squash
8 oz of brown rice, cooked
2 spicy turkey sausage links
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut squash down the center and place face down on a non-stick cookie sheet. Place in oven for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- While squash is cooking in the oven...brown onions, celery, and carrots (and whatever veggies you'd like to put in). Then, add in the sausage (without casing) to brown. Break up with a spoon as it's cooking.
- Mix in the rice and season with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and a couple of tablespoons of the parmesan.
- When the squash is done, take it out and remove the seeds and slimy pulp from the center. Spoon the rice mixture into the squash and top each half with remaining cheese.
- Turn oven up to 375 degrees and place the stuffed squash in the oven. Once cheese has melted (about 10 minutes), take it out and enjoy.
It's healthy, but really good and super filling.